CRM – Crew Resource Management
Crew (or Cockpit) Resource Management training (CRM) is a course for crew members, which teaches and improves the non-technical skills, and to prevent aviation accidents happening due to human failure. Here it’s all about cooperation, situated attention, leadership and decision making, as well as inherent communication.
One of the big parts of CRM is division of tasks and to consult, who deals with which task. For example: one crew member cares about solving technical problems, while the other pilot maneuvers the helicopter. Completion of these courses is, including refresher courses, mandatory for aviation personnel!
For CRM-training at RotorSky, Mag. Alexander Köll and Mag. Christian Czihak are responsible. Alexander is the head of training of the Austrian Air Force in Zeltweg and Christian’s main occupation is the chief of psychology at the Red Bull Air Race. Both of them assure the highest standard of quality for CRM-training!
For the initial course, we plan for about 2 days of training. The Refresher course takes about one day.
- The philosophy of CRM
- Weaknesses in Operations
- Error types and how to prevent them
- Human reliability and their influences
- Variability of behavior
- Tips and suggestions for practical operations
- Leading and leading types in teamwork
- Hazardous behavior
- Situative attention
- Personality, character and performance
- Flight- and Cabin-Crew, team building
- Interpersonal skills
- Development of acronyms made of determinations during the course
- The state-of-the-art CRM tools
- The primary interference types in flight operations
- Reappraisal of weak points (strategic and methodical)
- The mechanism of human failure using examples
- Interaction of Personality and behavior
- The positive forces in a team
- Summary of tips and suggestions for practical operations