PPL/H – Private Pilot licence for helicopter
To start training to become a private pilot, the following criteria has to be met:
- Minimum age at start of training: 16 years
- Minimum age at date of license issuance: 17 years
- Positive medical fitness: Medical Class 2
All prices shown include theoretical training, practical training and training material. Testing fees and landing fees at airports are not included!
For pilots holding a PPL/A, training can be reduced. Taken into account are:
- 10 % of airplane flight time (max. 6 hours)
- theoretical training in Air Law, Human Performance, Meteorology, Radio Communication
In a personal conversation we can discuss your individual previous knowledge and inform you about the extent of hours and subjects taken into account. These elements will be deducted from the price after confirmation!
The theoretical block consists of minimum 100 hours. Training is a combination of presentations at school and Web based training. 9 different subjects are being taught:
- Air law
- Human Performance
- Radio Communication
- Aircraft General Knowledge
- Operational Procedures
- Flight Planning and Performance
The practical part is split in three phases:
- Normal procedures (min. 14 hours)
- Emergency procedures (min. 8 hours)
- Advanced emergency procedures and solo flights (min. 23 hours)
Total flight time: minimum 45 hours
A minimum at 25 flight hours has to be completed with a qualified flight instructor. From these, 10 hours have to be conducted as solo flights. 10 hours of solo flight consist of a minimum of 5 hours Cross-Country flight and one flight with a minimum distance of 185 kilometers, on which two external airports have to be flown at.
Our customers say:
“Whoever has been in a helicopter once, always wants more.
At least this has been my experience. The challenge is to stay absolutely concentrated and be prepared for emergencies. The team at RotorSky gave me a feeling of safety and that lead me to fulfill my dream to become a helicopter pilot. My next goal is the commercial pilot license.” Mario Wurm